How to get past Jira evaluation installation problems?

todd_oneill June 7, 2015

I'm trying to install an evaluation version of JIra Agile on my E2C Amazon Windows Server 2012 R2. I have 3.75 GB of physical memory and 11.7 of virtual memory. JRE 8The installation seems to go fine until my browser gets to the step where it is initializing the plugin system. It then errors and take me to the JiraLockeError web page and says JIRA Startup Failed and The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started. Any help would be appreciated as I want to purchase my own hosting of JIRA Agile.

•Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)
•JIRA Projects Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin)
•Atlassian Navigation Links Plugin (com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin)
•Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Issue Search (com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin)
•Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Quick Edit Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin)
•Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - REST Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.rest)
•RPC JIRA Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.ext.rpc)
•Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)

I then looked in my log file and see several errors. Here are a few of them...the list was very long and I only included a few.

2015-06-08 03:54:15,439 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [atlassian.jira.tenancy.PluginKeyPredicateLoader] Could not read tenant-smart pattern file 'C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\tenant-smart-patterns.txt' (using defaults)

2015-06-08 03:57:35,920 Timer-1 ERROR      [atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher] There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event [com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginModuleUnavailableEvent@3593dd9] from the invoker [SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.onPluginModuleUnavailable(com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginModuleUnavailableEvent), listener=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager@76a5db80}]

2015-06-08 03:57:42,712 AsynchronousJiraSetup ERROR anonymous 237x13x1 90fgwg 127.0.0.1 /secure/SetupFinishing!triggerSetup.jspa [atlassian.jira.tenancy.PluginKeyPredicateLoader] Could not read tenant-smart pattern file 'C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\tenant-smart-patterns.txt' (using defaults)

2015-06-08 04:00:21,627 Timer-3 ERROR anonymous 237x13x1 90fgwg 127.0.0.1 /secure/SetupFinishing!triggerSetup.jspa [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Unable to create application context for [com.atlassian.hipchat.plugins.hipchat-core-plugin], unsatisfied dependencies: Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.sal.api.net.RequestFactory)] (from bean [&requestFactory])

2015-06-08 04:01:50,870 AsynchronousJiraSetup ERROR anonymous 237x13x1 90fgwg 127.0.0.1 /secure/SetupFinishing!triggerSetup.jspa [atlassian.jira.setup.InstantSetupStrategy] Cannot setup product license, http status code: 302
org.apache.http.client.HttpResponseException: Problem authenticating user during product bundle license installation
at com.atlassian.jira.setup.InstantSetupStrategy.authenticateUser(InstantSetupStrategy.java:340)
at com.atlassian.jira.setup.InstantSetupStrategy.saveBundleLicense(InstantSetupStrategy.java:304)
at com.atlassian.jira.setup.InstantSetupStrategy.upgradeJiraAndFinishSetup(InstantSetupStrategy.java:276)
at com.atlassian.jira.setup.InstantSetupStrategy.access$300(InstantSetupStrategy.java:66)
at com.atlassian.jira.setup.InstantSetupStrategy$4.run(InstantSetupStrategy.java:139)
at com.atlassian.jira.setup.AsynchronousJiraSetup$StepSwitcher.withStep(AsynchronousJiraSetup.java:176)
at com.atlassian.jira.setup.InstantSetupStrategy.doStepTask(InstantSetupStrategy.java:94)
at com.atlassian.jira.setup.InstantSetupStrategy.setup(InstantSetupStrategy.java:134)
at com.atlassian.jira.setup.InstantSetupStrategy.setup(InstantSetupStrategy.java:66)
at com.atlassian.jira.setup.AsynchronousJiraSetup.doSetupJIRA(AsynchronousJiraSetup.java:136)
at com.atlassian.jira.setup.AsynchronousJiraSetup.access$100(AsynchronousJiraSetup.java:22)
at com.atlassian.jira.setup.AsynchronousJiraSetup$1.run(AsynchronousJiraSetup.java:122)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2015

Hard to say without the full set of errors, but work through the various causes listed under https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Troubleshooting+JIRA+Startup+Failed+Error before worrying about the rest of them.

Suggest an answer