How to get last commenter using groovy script plugin

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2013

I am trying to use the groovy script Escalations service to transition an issue based on the last commenter. I initially set up an escalation using an Include function:

issueFunction in commented("by john.doe")
This returned all issues that john doe had commented on, I only want issues where john doe was the last (or most recent) commenter. Is this possible? Can anyone give me an example of how to do this?
Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

This is a JQL question really, not about script runner escalation service per se.

I could not find a function that queries on the last comment/commenter... but it seems like a good idea so I put in https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-302 .

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2013

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for ticket submission.

I have been trying to create a JQL for this but the issue I run into is that JIRA updates the commenter field any time a comment is added or the issue is updated (so even an in-line edit to a field will update the commenter field).

Suggest an answer