ON JIRA5, if we exported results in an excel, the epic link column use to return the issue key of the epic, i.,e. ABC-123, which was fine and what we wanted.
But after upgrading to jira6, we find that, the epic link column (when exported to excel) now returns the name of the epic (i.e. <EPIC-NAME> instead of ABC-123).
How can i get ABC-123 instead of the epic name when exporting to excel.?
The epic link url is exported, but excel will display the epic name as a hyperlink to the epic. This url also contains the ABC-123, but it is not displayed directly into excel anymore.
Do you really need ABC-123 displayed instead of the epic name or do you just need to now it is there somewere?
As far as I can tell it is not possible to export the issue key directly from JIRA into your excel document. You probably have to write some VBA code in excel to replace the epic names with their corresponding epic keys (since this information is indeed exported under the form of a url).
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs