How to get issue screen to properly display for a new project

Ken Hymes July 11, 2012

Currently using JIRA 5.07, I created a test project (PROJECT 1) that uses new schemes, workflows, and configurations that I created, including two custom fields for all my issue screens. In testing, it works as expected.

I then created another test project (PROJECT 2) and associated all the same schemes, workflow, and configurations used above. However, when I created a new issue in this new project, the issue screen didn't have my custom fields or the layout specified by my screen schemes. Trying to determine why the issue screen for PROJECT 2 didn't match the issue screen for PROJECT 1? Seems bizarre since I'm using the same project elements....

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2012

Have you associated the custom fields with both projects? (Or made them global)

Ken Hymes July 11, 2012

Thanks, Nic! That was the issue. I assumed by having the custom fields in the field configuration, and than having that associated to the scheme, and the scheme associated to the screen would cause the custom fields to be recognized. Wrong! I now see where each custom field is associated with a specific project(s). I appreciate the help!

HOW I RESOLVED THIS:

Enter Administration for the project, then navigate to

Fields > Edit Field Configuration > Custom Fields > Settings (for the field in question) > Configure > Edit Configuration

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2012

Ah, excellent. There's always three things when fields go missing - field config, screen and context. Trips me up every time...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2012

Have you associated the custom fields with both projects? (Or made them global)

Suggest an answer