How to get full control of a project without being an administrator.

Alok kumar Singh May 12, 2013

As of now what I know is only a JIRA administrator can only . Is it possible to allow a project administrator to

• Customize notification scheme
  • Customize permissions scheme

4 answers

2 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

No, this is not possible - that's administration realm.

1 vote
shampa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

Customising any scheme would need JIRA Administrator privliges. Since schemes are shareable across multiple projects, this cannot be termed as an access to be made available to Project administrators. So it is not available as part of project administration.

0 votes
shampa
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2013

Customising any scheme would need JIRA Administrator privliges. Since schemes are shareable across multiple projects, this cannot be termed as an access to be made available to Project administrators. So it is not available as part of project administration.

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2013

hello Alok,

You can actually add the user group that you want to Administer Project permission for your intended project. They do not need to be administrators, but they will be able to have all the administrative privilleges for that particular project.

I hope that answered your question.

Alok kumar Singh May 12, 2013

That is what I am asking, onece you give someone to Administer Project, can they

• Customize notification scheme
  • Customize permissions scheme
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2013

I'm afraid Alok is incorrect in the context of your question. Administer project rights only gives a user rights over versions, users, components and Greenhopper configuration. They can NOT change schemes.

To change schemes, you need to be a Jira or System administrator, both of which are the global ones that let you change the entire system.

Suggest an answer