How to get forwarded after a ticket was closed

I have the following question / issue:

When I use the standard issue filter "My Open Issues" i get the a list of issues. Lets say I open one ticket and close it. If a then click on "Return to Search" I get the results, including the ticket I just closed. So the list is not automatically refreshed.

I was thinking of a workaround like this: Creating a Dashboard, using the same filter in the filter results gadget. If i open a ticket from that dashboard I no longer have the Return to Search button, but can click on the JIRA logo to return to my dashboard wich will than relaod and the closed ticket is gone.

so far so good - the question now is: is it possible to get forwarded to the dashboard the moment the ticket was closed? Right now, when closing a ticket, the status gets updated but I stay in the detailed view of that ticket. It would be great to automatically get forwarded to My JIRA Home when the screen for the ticket was filled out and sent.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thomas

1 answer

0 vote

There was a brief time when JIRA behaved like that, it was quickly removed when users complained that they had to keep going back to what they were in the middle of before.

There's no way to implement this behaviour without rewriting a bit of the core of JIRA, changing the landing points for the end of the processes.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,327 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot