How to get forwarded after a ticket was closed

Thomas Hecker June 29, 2016

I have the following question / issue:

When I use the standard issue filter "My Open Issues" i get the a list of issues. Lets say I open one ticket and close it. If a then click on "Return to Search" I get the results, including the ticket I just closed. So the list is not automatically refreshed.

I was thinking of a workaround like this: Creating a Dashboard, using the same filter in the filter results gadget. If i open a ticket from that dashboard I no longer have the Return to Search button, but can click on the JIRA logo to return to my dashboard wich will than relaod and the closed ticket is gone.

so far so good - the question now is: is it possible to get forwarded to the dashboard the moment the ticket was closed? Right now, when closing a ticket, the status gets updated but I stay in the detailed view of that ticket. It would be great to automatically get forwarded to My JIRA Home when the screen for the ticket was filled out and sent.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thomas

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2016

There was a brief time when JIRA behaved like that, it was quickly removed when users complained that they had to keep going back to what they were in the middle of before.

There's no way to implement this behaviour without rewriting a bit of the core of JIRA, changing the landing points for the end of the processes.

Suggest an answer