How to get estimate for issuesin Portfolio as sum total of remaining estimate for parent issues and sub-tasks

ashleyg March 18, 2015

Hi,

I just found out that issues imported in portfolio have estimate as remaining estimate for parent issues.

In the board plan mode as well the estimate field just shows original estimate for parent issues(excludes for sub-tasks).But using script runner i managed to get thgis estimate field display the total original estimate for parent issues and sub-tasks. However remaining estimate field shows correctly for parent issues as it shows as sum of the value for parent and sub-tasks. Now when we import issues in portfolio, we still see that estimate column shows only remaining estimate for parent issues and excludes for its sub-tasks.

Could you pleas help me implement something to resolve this.

BR,

Ashley

3 answers

1 vote
Alejo Villarrubia [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2015

Hi @ashley giles,

I think it might be worth to open a ticket under the following project so that we can investigate this issue further: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV

Thanks

ashleyg March 21, 2015

Hi Alejo, I did that. Thanks for your help. BR, Ashley

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2015

I'm not sure this is a bug in Script Runner, it sounds more like an issue with Portfolio.

ashleyg March 24, 2015

Hi Jamie, i didn't mean this is a bug. All that i need is can i have my portfolio plugin configured in such a way that it displays under estimate column for imported issues, the total remaining estimate rolled upto sub-tasks. Currently it does only for parent issues. If i could get this implemented someway then it would help a great deal in reporting through portfolio. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. BR, Ashley

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2015

Hi Ashey... sorry, I'm not familiar with Portfolio plugin.

0 votes
Steffen Stamprath
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

With the plugin "Epic Sum Up" you have some nice time feature (estimated, worked, over estimated, won time, ...) for an epic within all the sub issues/sub tasks:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/aptis.plugins.epicSumUp
Hope it helps you!

ashleyg April 9, 2015

Hi Steffen, Is it possibe somehow for estimate column under portfolio to display remaining estimate rolled upto sub-tasks for the stories because when we import stories into portfolio then we can see that it displays estimate only for parent story and excludes for its corresponding sub-tasks, that makes reporting incorrect. We don't want yet another plugin for this but if some script or configuration changes can be done in portfolio set up in our jira that could help achieve this then that would be great. Looking forward to response from you. BR, Ashley

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2015

Suggest an answer