How to get content from pages that required authorization without need to login?

Nic September 16, 2014

Hi.

We need to create website with carousel with JIRA pages. The idea to set JIRA page in CMS and demonstrate this pages in moving carousel on big screen(e.g progress of projects, developers). But the main issue to get content from JIRA without need to login - we create maybe some guest account for this, and we can showing this slides of carousel on client's office(no need to login there, no authorization credentials leave on client's browser, ip restriction maybe).

Approaches that we can find - make screenshot of this page and showing its in carousel(but how can make screenshot of pages that requires authorization?), using iframe with transparent foreground(to prevent clicking on links/changing content by client, like readonly layout from JIRA). But when I supply for iframe "os_username" and "os_password" authorized cookies is set for entire *.atlassian.net I suppose, but authorization only need for current iframe.

How can I solve this issue - maybe autologin only for certain iframe/browser tab or screenshot service of pages that requires autjorization exists? 

2 answers

0 votes
Nic September 16, 2014

Hi, Steven.

They want only showing info from JIRA in client browser , without leaving authorization in browser and without need to login.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

This seems like a bizarre way around it. If you're already looking towards some automated screenshot thing why don't you just give that a user account with only the permissions it needs? Then display the screenshots?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

Why not set browse permissions to Anonymous? Nothing else of course. Or do you have sensitive information that you don't want shown? 

Suggest an answer