How to get average reopen count of a version/project?

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

Hello,

I am searching for a way to find out how often issues get rejected by QA after being fixed by developers.

I know there is the ReopenCount from the enhancer plugin, but thats only for a single issue.

I think an example would be the best to explain:
Let's say we have a project with 10 issues, of which 8 are directly accepted by QA, 1 is rejected once and 1 is rejected twice.
What I want is the figure 0.3, i.e. 3 reopenings for 10 issues.
If one of those issues is reopened the figure should rise to 0.4

I tried the Charting Plugin with "Average Number of Times in Status" for our rejected and reopend status, but that wasn't giving me anything to work with (mostly flat lines at 0, sometimes a spike to 1 or 2).

Hope somebody can help &
Thanks in advance

Thomas

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2012

Do you have access to the underlying database, so you can run sql statements? If so, then you can get what you want.

You can get issues that have been reopened using the changed keyword in JQL but it does not deal with duplicates. You can look at the returned issue count number.

status changed to reopened (or whatever is your status name)

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2012

In principle that could be a way to go, although I'd rather track the removal/clearing of the resolution field. But the main point against this, is that managment want's those figures on a jira view - so preferably some kind of plugin is prefered (maybe some scripted field)

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2012

You can definitely write your own gadget/plugin since the information you are trying to look at seems to be at the project level.

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2012

I did this now via the database on a seperate page, maybe I'll try to write a plugin myself to show it on the project page.

Suggest an answer