How to get all the users assigned to a issue in past using REST API

Parag Bhole July 24, 2014

Hi,

How to get/find all the users that were assigned to a issue using REST API? I can find issues assigned to a user in past using "was" operator but couldnt find way for reverse.

Thanks.

Parag

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2014

You can't get it. Usual approach is to capture all the assignees in a custom field whenever the assignee changes and use the custom field in the JQL query but this is not possible in onDemand as it requires dev work.

Thanks Jobin for replying. So if I understood correctly on ondemand add-on I will need to trap this event and maintain the issue-assignees map on add-on end right?

Or is there a way to get history of issue? that also i coud not find.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2014

Parag, yes that would be one approach. I ws mentioning about capturing it in a custom field in JIRA itself. You can get the change history of an issue using REST API if you expand the issue resource. That would probably be easier.

Thanks for the pointer on expand, I could get the history and from that can extract the old assignees.

Suggest an answer