How to get a indirectly linked issue

Tina Something December 7, 2017

Hi all,

so I'm very new to Jira Groovy and I have following problem:

In my JIRA project I have Services which are implemented by Features which are implemented by Feature Increments. So I want to create a scripted field which shows the summary of the Service the Issue belongs to and I came up with he following code:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
    import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkManager
    import com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.component.ProjectComponent
    import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

//The current user is needed as a parameter in some functions.
    def authenticationContext=ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext()
    def user=authenticationContext.getLoggedInUser()
    def linkManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager()

//Get all issues that are linked via "implements".
    def linkedOfType =     linkManager.getLinkCollection(issue,user).getOutwardIssues("Implements")

//When the issue implements something.
    for(issue in linkedOfType){

//If the linked issue is a feature get this feature and search its     linked issues for service and return the summary of this service.
        if (issue.getIssueType().getName().toString().equals("Feature_Tile")){

}    

//If the linked issue is a service return the summary of this service.    
        if (issue.getIssueType().getName().toString().equals("Service")){
           String serviceName = issue.summary
           return serviceName
        }
    } 

The problem is now, that the field works fine if the issue implements a Service, but not if the issue implements a Feature, because I don't know how to get the linked Issues of this feature to search them for Services.
So my Question is: how can I get the Service if my issue only implements a Feature?

1 answer

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Hi Tina,

I think you should re-use your code from the Feature level to the service level,  something like:

//
If the linked issue is a feature get this feature and search its     linked issues for service and return the summary of this service.
        if (issue.getIssueType().getName().toString().equals("Feature_Tile")){
        def linkedService = linkManager.getLinkCollection(issue,user).getOutwardIssues("Implements")
for(iss in linkedService){
if (iss.getIssueType().getName().toString().equals("Service")){
return iss.summary
}
}
          }    

Let us know if it works!

Cheers

Tina Something December 10, 2017

Hi Micky,

thanks for your answer!

I think that would probably work fine, but I already managed to solve my problem, by rewriting my code and using a while loop with a switch in it.

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

Great!

Have a great day.

Suggest an answer