How to get a custom field onto an issue type request screen? Enabling it on a screen isn't working

Michael Jennings May 27, 2015

From the portal to the projects, the user navigates to a particular issue type request screen.  We need to add a dropdown for the Office the user is from, so they can submit that along with the summary.  Can't figure out how to get the field onto the screen

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2015

Hi Michael,

You need to Add a Custom Field to your create issue screen and then add this field to the request type on Service Desk (Setting up request types).

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Okay it looks like I need to make the field visible on the "Request Type" for the issue type https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESKCLOUD/Setting+up+request+types But I can't seem to find the Request Types config screen. How do I get to it?

Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2015

- Open your Service Desk - Click on Settings - Click on Request types

Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2015

If you cannot find it, you might be using license version 1. I'm not sure it it's available for version 1.x pricing.

Should the service desks be under the top menu's Service Desk dropdown? They do not appear, just "Create service desk". Is there something I need to do to bring them under my control and get them accessible through that menu? Context: I am taking over the Jira setup stuff from the guy who originally made it, and is still the Administrator - I am in the administrators group.

Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2015

Oh, you need to be in the group service-desk-agents.

Suggest an answer