How to get Onedrive files into a Jira Item as an attachement

Bas Heemskerk June 19, 2017

Hello,

Our company is working with Office365 and we are using Jira within our IT department. Therefore we want to make it possible to store the attached files into our OneDrive.
We are runnig Jira on our own server, we do not have a Jira Cloud solution.

Is it only possible with Jira Cloud solutions or doe we need a connector. Please some advice.

Greetings 
Sebastian

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2017

Could you use Web Links to add links to files stored on OneDrive?

i.e. if your users need to attach a file to a JIRA issue, tell them to upload it to OneDrive and add a link to it into the JIRA issue.

You could remove the create attachements permission to prevent your users from uploading to JIRA directly.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2017

Also, I noticed that you asked this question in the Portfolio for JIRA product section.

Are you looking for something that works with Porfolio for JIRA specifically, or just a general integration of OneDrive + JIRA?

Bas Heemskerk June 20, 2017

Hello Sam, The question is a about the general Integration of Onedrive  + JIRA.
I will try your suggested solution. Thank you very much!

Does it also work with Sharepoint and Jira?

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2017

Hi Bas - It'll work with any file storage solution where you can obtain/share a URL to a particular file, so should work for Sharepoint too.

I'll move your question into the general JIRA product category.

Thank you very much!

Khairul_Neezam_Ramlee January 15, 2020

The URL method is not ideal in terms of customer experience. I want any customer to be able to drag/drop/attach files, and those files automatically uploaded to my OneDrive repository. 

Is there any plugins/addon that does that, if this integration functionality is unavailable out of the box by Atlassian?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer