How to get Jira to strikethrough tickets in done status

Tracy Reitmann June 18, 2021

We have tickets with linked items both from our own team and another team.  I have a dashboard where I track the status of our tickets.  I see the other team's tickets are struckthrough when their item is closed.  Trying to figure out how I can get our "done" tickets from our team to also be struckthrough.  

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

@Tracy Reitmann Welcome to the community.

Strikethrough has noting to do with status, it is based 'resolution' field in issues.

Overall, there are two states for resolution field,

1. resolution is empty and there is no strikethrough,
  2. resolution is filled and there is strikethrough.

I hope this help.

Tracy Reitmann June 18, 2021

I think that helps!  will delve into the project settings.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Done status showing Unresolved

This is a problem that seems to be cropping up of late. Issues need to have a resolution set. Unresolved means the resolution field is NULL in the database. This means the workflow isn't providing for setting the resolution before going to the status flagged as Done. You need to fix the workflow.

The transition moving to ‘Done’ needs to one of two things; 1. Present a screen where the user sets the resolution or 2. Sets the resolution in a post function.

To correct the existing issues you can add a transition from the done status back to itself with a transition screen to set the resolution or a post function to set it. The other option is to add the resolution field to the edit screen (which you should NEVER do in production), bulk edit the issues to set the field and then REMOVE the resolution field form the edit screen

Suggest an answer