How to get Jira to automatically create a Crucible Review

Richard_Harlen June 18, 2012

Is there a way to get Jira to automatically create a crucible review at a transition step?

Our workflow requirement is such that when an issue is created by someone, and then reviewed by a manager, the manager may decide that if the work was undertaken for this issue it would need to be code reviewed (because it is in a core area of code, or the user is new to the code, or whatever).

It would be nice if we could add a custom field "RequiresCodeReview" and the manager can set that to Yes or No, and then, if we decide to implement the feature, when the issue transitioned to the "InProgess" state a code review was automatically created. We would then add a condition preventing resolution of the issue if the review was still open.

This way if the issue was closed becasue the work was not being undertake, no code review would have been created.

Thanks,

Richard.

3 answers

0 votes
Oleg Efimov December 13, 2017

Please take a look at Smart Review for FishEye/Crucible and Smart Review for Jira plugins -- it allows to create reviews on Jira transitions automatically and fill reviews with relevant content based on Jira issue key.

0 votes
Richard_Harlen June 25, 2012

OK, thanks. I guess I have to write something myself.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

There was similar discussion here, which unfortunately didn't conclude well.

Suggest an answer