How to get JIRA to ask Crowd to email password reset link?

Sune Mølgaard January 13, 2013

Hiya,

Basically, I want JIRA's "forgot password" link to ask crowd to send the user a reset link - which I see at ttps://developer.atlassian.com/display/CROWDDEV/Crowd+REST+Resources should be possible with

POST /user/mail/password?username=USERNAME

My question, thus, would be which file to edit in order to make that call instead of JIRA's built-in ResetPassword page.

Best regards,

Sune Mølgaard

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

you may take a look at

$JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/includes/loginform.jsp (check for more dependencies there)

not 100% sure but this should be a good starting point

also keep in mind...on every version update you will need to re-edit the files you modify

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

according to your last comment...it seems you didn't check the file i mentioned.

"Can't access your account" links to http(s)://your_jira_install/secure/ForgotLoginDetails.jspa

a simple grep command shows this result:

./atlassian-jira/includes/loginform.jsp: <page:param name="cancelLinkURI"><ww:url value="'/secure/ForgotLoginDetails.jspa'" atltoken="false"/></page:param>

Sorry, I didn't see you answer right away - my bad.

I am indeed looking at the file you specified right now, and it looks like it would do the trick.

As for read/write access, that decision is not mine to make, but it's a good point that you mention it.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2013

why don't you give r/w to the jira application in crowd?

you could add/delete/edit users from jira and all changes will be synced to crowd...no need to edit any source files from jira

One thing - this seems to work just fine for the login page. The normal start screen, however, is a dashboard with a login gadget - I cannot seem to find a way to edit the link for that...

Any ideas?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2013

sorry no...the gadget is a little bit different.

but it's possible to route all users to the login form by adding a little jscript to the announcement banner.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/108042/jira-login-page/118770

It would seem that read/write is indeed an option in this case, but it's nice to know what our options would have been if that hadn't been the case.

Thank you very much for your time!

0 votes

Come to think of it, simply replacing the "Cannot login?" link with the password reset page in Crowd, might be more desirable. Where would I go about making such changes?

Best regards,

Sune

Suggest an answer