How to get Create Link Post Function to work on Create Transitions?

Jamie Saliga October 30, 2015

The Create Link post function from the Workflow Toolbox plugin works great on every transition except for the Create transition. Seems to have no effect. I have tried placing it both before and after the Creates the Issue originally post function entry with no luck.

Any ideas? 

3 answers

1 vote
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2015

Hi Dustin,

I have reproduced your same configuration, and in effect it doesn't work. Buy you only have to move transition "Creates the issue originally" to first position in execution order, to make it work as expected. Please, try it and let me know if it solves the problem.

Regards,

Fidel

Dustin Peters November 3, 2015

Thanks again! It's working now.

0 votes
Dustin Peters October 30, 2015

Hi Fidel,

I am working with Jamie on this issue and this is a screenshot showing the post functions of the create transition.

create_issue_linking.PNG

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2015

Hi Jamie,

I don't know any use case where post-function "Create issue link" can't be used in transition "Create Issue". Here I provide 2 links to detailed explanations of use cases with the post-function in transition "Create Issue":

1. Creating issue links to other issues with same "Summary"
  2. Parse Description for creating Issue Links

Please, explain in detail what you intend to do, and the post-function configuration you are using. I will try to reproduce your problem.

BTW, Which version of JIRA and JIRA Workflow Toolbox are you using?

Regards,

Fidel Castro Armario

Jamie Saliga October 30, 2015

We are using JIRA v7.0.0 and JIRA Workflow Toolbox version 2.2.1 What I am trying to do is fairly straightforward: 1. Provide a field for the user to enter issues into, I'm using the Query Issue Custom Field's Multi-Linker Custom Field for this. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.mail.jira.plugins.lf.queryfields 2. Add the Create Issue Link post function to the Create transition based on the date in the field above. 3. Clear the above field using the Clear Field Value post function right after above. As I mentioned, I have many circular transitions (in multiple workflows) after the Create transition that work perfectly as expected. I just can't get it to work for the Create transition.

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2015

Can you please attach a screenshot with the post-function's tab of your "Create Issue" transition? I would like to see the configuration of all the post-functions you are using.

Suggest an answer