How to generate and send report from dashboard data on schedule via E-mail in JIRA?

pupie April 28, 2014

Hello Everyone,

I have several projects running on JIRA and I created some dashboards for each project that inspecting defects/project status.

I need to export/screenshot part of dashboard charts to come up with a reporting mail to several recipents everycay on schedule.

So that I am seeking if there is any method or JIRA addon can achieve this purpose.

e.g. I could created a mail template containing JIRA chart marcos, mail text, summarys, variables.

then the addon/system will fetching latest data to refresh chart, variables then send latest report on schedule to all mail recipents.

This is really good user scenario, Any Suggestion?

thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

You can actually solve this use case by using the JIRA Automation Plugin to schedule your report generation, using the JIRA PDF View Plugin to generate your report and using the PDF Automation Plugin to bridge between those two.

Here is the full tutorial.

Also see these links:

I hope this helps.

Hitesh.Kumar June 10, 2021

@Midori  - any solution for JIRA cloud for the dashboard report, I wanted to send snapshot of JIRA dashboard, end of every sprint. or it would be cool if I can send the whole report as pdf

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 11, 2021

Hi @Hitesh.Kumar 

Unfortunately, automation is not currently available for cloud. That's because Atlassian currently doesn't allow integrations for Automation for Jira Cloud.
So it's not up to us when we can deliver an automation app for cloud, but we track this in a feature request.
If you think this would be a useful feature for your team, please follow these steps:

Please vote (click "thumbs-up") for Atlassian's feature request.
And in our system as well.

Also, add a comment to the feature request article, explaining your specific needs and use case.

Hopefully, Atlassian will deliver this later this year!

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014
Hitesh.Kumar June 21, 2021

is that also available for cloud JIRA?

Suggest an answer