How to generate ONE report from a number of projects and send it to a specified email?

Maciej BÄ k January 30, 2013

Hello!

Currently I am facing a simple-nonsimple JIRA-related task.

I manage 4 projects in JIRA now, lots of issuess in each of them.

I need to create daily report that will contain 4 list off issuess from all 4 projects (4 lists per project), filtered according to specified criteria:

1. critical and blocking issues
  2. issuess planned to be resolved on the day the report
  3. issuess overdued on the day of generating report
  4. issuess for which on the day of report there is less than 50% of the time left till the due date

As a result:

• one report should containt either 4 "chapters" (each for a project), and in each chapter there should be 4 lists of issuess based on above criteria

or

• Report should contain just 4 lists of issuess (as I have 4 filer criterias), and each issue on each list should have a tag with a project name.

But I definitely prefer the first option (4 chapters with 4 lists).

Finally, I would like such report to be sent by JIRA to a specified email.

Is there any way in JIRA I can establish the whole process so it is automatically performed by JIRA afterwards? I definitely wouldn't like to create such reports manually everyday :)

Do I need any plugins for JIRA? Maybe some external tool?

I know I could perhaps do some googling on this, but as this is quite a task, I will appreciate any advice! :)

Thanks in advance for any hint! :)

Cheers,

Maciej

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

Since you are on onDemand, the best you can do is to subscribe to existing filter. But this also means that you won't get your requirement of ONE report. it will be 4 different mails, one each for a report.

If you really need something like this, you should move to JIRA downloaded version and build a plugin for it.

Maciej BÄ k January 30, 2013

Great! Thanks! It's so easy ;-)

I'll go with 4 emails then :)

Chhers,

Maciej

Suggest an answer