How to force JIRA 5 to acknowledge changes to custom field settings?

Marcel_R__Ackermann October 1, 2012

My problem: I have a custom field that has a typo in its description. Whenever I edit the field description, the changes are reflected on the Administration -> Issues -> Custom Fields tab. However, when viewing the field on a transition screen, then there is still the old erronous description. I have tried to re-index, but this doesn't help. I tried a 'hard reload' on the transition screen, and even switching the browser, but this doesn't help either (so this doesn't seem to be a browser cache issue). Now I am out of ideas.

So , how to force JIRA 5 to acknowledge the changes I made to the custom fields? Any help is appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

Edit the custom field description under the field configurations. I am guessing it has the old description there.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Specifying+Field+Behaviour#SpecifyingFieldBehaviour-Editingafield%27sdescription

Thanks, you were spot on.

0 votes

Some additional information:

* I am using JIRA 5.1.1

* The type of the custom field doesn't seem to matter, I tried a few.

* I also tried all standard browsers.

0 votes
David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

sorry, this might be a stupd question but have tried flushing your browsers cache? Or just using another browser? You probably did or at least are meaning a similar thing with'hard reload'.

Another not so clever suggestion (somtime it's just the obious things we are missing...) is to check if there is a second field with the erronous description on that screen.

Thanks for the hint, but I can rule out specific browse or cache problems. Also, I am sure that I have edited the correct fields.

> somtime it's just the obious things we are missing...

I am pretty sure, in the end, it will turn out to be something trivial ... ;)

Suggest an answer