How to forbid access to delete links?

Asya Shvets May 5, 2014

Hi,

I am using issue linking (in jira 5.2.). How can I disable delete this link button on the view screen?

Actually, the reason is that there is no settings in the permission scheme to allow/restrict users to delete issue links.

The only permission type is link issues.

Where is the permission for delete links?

I've read the topic http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.htmlbut found only LINK permission, but not linkdelete or something link that).

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2014

I have had a quick test, and it appears that the Link Issues permission covers both the creation and deletion of links. An improvement request for separating the create and delete permissions for links has been raised in the past, and can be found here.

Asya Shvets May 5, 2014

Thanks, will watch this issue.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2014

You can't - the option is all-or-nothing. You can either use links (add and delete) or you can not use links at all. There's no difference between "add" or "delete", they're bundled together as "use links"

Asya Shvets May 5, 2014

Thanks for answer

Asya Shvets May 5, 2014

Thanks for the answer!

Asya Shvets May 5, 2014

Nic, I have removed myself from "link issues" permission and I am able to delete link. Why?

Suggest an answer