How to fix the columns in a filter list view for other users?

pdd November 11, 2016

12 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2016

Go to the field selection setting, and you'll find there are three options - system, your settings and filter.  Select filter, then choose all the columns you need.  Rearrange them.  Save the filter.

Users visiting your filter will now see those columns.  They can change to their own settings if they want, or system, but your filter will present your settings to them first.

0 votes
Katy Šrámková May 23, 2018

I had similar problem and seems finally solved. I wanted to set filter columns for other users and I don't have any columns settings option under the filter cog in list view or "Manage filters" options. When I clicked on "Filter" in the "Columns" search box nothing much actually happened. Also the button next to the filter name was only "Save as", not "Save" when I changed the columns.

Solution that worked for me:

- In filter list view go to "Columns" and switch from "My Default" to "Filters" (ignore that nothing really happened)

- change search criteria (for example in advanced mode I changed "order by" clause)

- hit "Save" button next to the filter name

(- if needed, change the search criteria back and save again)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2016

Mmm, that looks wrong.  Should be requestid  I think?

0 votes
pdd November 13, 2016

here the url to the filter list view 

https://jira.company.de/issues/?filter=10303

and I see by filter details, that the filter is visible for everyone

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2016

Could you give us the full url please?  Remove the base url bit at the front if you want.

0 votes
pdd November 12, 2016

it is a direkt link to the saved filter list view

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2016

Ok, is it a full link to the filter though?  Is the url a direct pointer to the saved filter, or is it a search definition?

0 votes
pdd November 12, 2016

just a link to my filter. When the user navigate directly in JIRA to find my filter, he doesn't see the same columns on the list view.

actually the filter should be visible for all users. I can not understand the reason why another user can not see the same configuration of the filter with the same columns in the list view.

Other users can see all parts of the filter in the details view.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2016

No, sorry, what are you actually giving them as the filter?  What is the content of the email?

0 votes
pdd November 11, 2016

via email

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2016

How are you "sending" the filter to them?

0 votes
pdd November 11, 2016

many thanks! the columns are choosed and the filter is saved, but when I send it to another user, he can not see the same filter list view, which I defined. Other users can see only 1 colum on the list view.

Suggest an answer