How to find unassigned issues to a specific project using the API

Jeremy Miller November 3, 2014

I am trying to use the API to find unassigned issues to a specific group.

I am not having that much success in this or finding any answers to thing using Google.

Any help will be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2014

You mean unassigned issues in a project? What do you mean by group?

If it is project, you can do the following in the Advanced search.

project = "projectKey" and assignee = Unassigned

Yes I mean project, and thank you. I would like to do this via the API and command line interface from linux as well. I am still testing using a saved filter to help out with this now. curl -D- -u Username:Password -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://JIRAURL/rest/api/latest/search?jql=project=ProjectKey+AND+filter=FilterKey

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2014

Thank you so much, that does work, however it also shows all of the closed issues that are unassigned, is there a way to specify !=Closed issues?

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2014

Suggest an answer