How to find tickets that I touched in some way ordered by date

Robert Gelb September 26, 2017

I'd like to get a list of tickets that I worked on (possibly constrained by date).  And when I say worked on, I mean anything having to do with a ticket - adding a comment, moving it to the next stage in the workflow, changing the story points, whatever.

And I'd like the tickets sorted by the date that I affected the ticket.  Is this possible?

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2017

You'd have to construct the JQL according to your need. 

For e.g. the following would return all the issue:
- you commented 
- changed status of
- was ever the assignee 
- was ever the reporter
- or ever added a worklog on an issue.

issueFunction in commented('by tbas') OR status changed BY tbas OR assignee was in (tbas) OR reporter was in (tbas) OR worklogAuthor in (tbas)
Robert Gelb September 28, 2017

Your answer lead to towards the answer:

assignee was in (currentuser()) OR status changed by currentuser() OR reporter was in (currentuser()) ORDER BY updated DESC

Jira didn't know anything about `worklogAuthor` and it complained that ScriptRunner wasn't licensed when I attempted to run `

issueFunction in commented('by tbas')

`

Like # people like this
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

worklogAuthor should work since that field is provided by default in JIRA.

worklogAuthor in (currentUser())

and to get issues which a user has commented on is not a default JIRA functionality, you'd have to access it via ScriptRunner plugin. 

You can generate a trail license and try it out. 

3 votes
Nick Machnik September 7, 2021

that's not an answer that's a work a round.

3 votes
me October 30, 2020

It is really too bad this is a query and not an interface like in TFS

Using Jira should not be extra work.

NathanGlanzerONE February 4, 2022

If you want to do fancy stuff it will always be work. 

Like Stephen Traiforos likes this
C-Brian.Snider
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 5, 2024

I would push back on whether or not this was a "fancy" feature... seems like core functionality to me. 🤷‍♂️

Like dawid_kopys likes this
1 vote
elmnt November 7, 2022

Honestly, if I can't easily filter any of my data, with a few clicks, using filtering UI, then the software hasn't properly solved filtering. 😬

1 vote
karthik chengalvarayan February 14, 2021

The answer given by Robert 'assignee was in (currentuser()) OR status changed by currentuser() OR reporter was in (currentuser()) ORDER BY updated DESC' worked perfect for me. This is what i expected and i got the complete report which i use for every month status. Thank you Robert

Samantha Fowler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2024

Same - I used it and it worked well! I just wonder if this includes or how to add 'watch' tickets. 

Suggest an answer