How to find tickets in a particular state "at" a specific date ?

Anjana Rajendran April 14, 2014

I need to find the tickets, which are in a particular status (say in 'Committed', 'Submitted) with a particular group of people, at a particular "date and time".

Below is the case :

1. Tickets that are in status (x,y,z) ON Jan 31st with people (a,b,c,d)

Can you please help me with a JQL Query ?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

You can use the following :

status was in (x,y,z) ON 2014-04-15

I just do not get what "with people" means ? Is this assignee or something else ?

If you mean assignee just use one more "was"

status was in (x,y,z) ON 2014-04-15 and assignee was in (admin, john) ON 2014-04-15

Thanks Boris, That helped :-)

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

Would you mark my answer as accepted please ?

I clicked on the tick mark against your answer. Is that all I need to do ? Sorry, am new to Atlassian forum.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2014

It's now accepted. Thanks!

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2014

Hi Anjana,

did u try using DURING? Example : status was 'Open' DURING ('2010-01-01','2011-01-01')

Hope this helps.

Fabio

Thankyou Fabio. Problem in using this query is that, I am not looking for a closed duration, but for specific dates. Basically at the end of each month I need to know the open tickets with assignee (x,y,z)

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2014

Hi Anjana, not sure if I understood it rigth, but may this JQL helps you:

status in (Open, Resolved) AND assignee in (user1, user2) AND updated = "2014/01/31"

You may also take a lot at this doc to see what operations are supported via advanced search.

Cheers

Thankyou Tiago. Problem in using this query is that, the ticket can be updated by 'anyone' (need not be assignee)

Suggest an answer