How to find the location of the jira user

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

Hi all,

How can i find the location of the JIRA user in our JIRA application. In our JIRA the users come from the LDAP directory. Time zone is showing default for all users, but i cannot find the location of the JIRA user.

Thanks,

Patina

1 answer

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2015

The standard LDAP connection only pulls in the data that JIRA needs (name, email, password verification, and timezone).  So the short answer is that you can't, without coding something to fetch it from LDAP.

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

Thanks you Nic for quick reply

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2015

Hi Nic, And one more thing is, We are maintaining crowd and all users are coming form LDAP to the crowd. And we integrated jira with crowd, so all the users in the jira coming form crowd. As you said we cannot find the location of the user in the jira. This is clear to me. But is any way to get the location in crowd with API? Thanks, Rambabu

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2015

I think you'd need to extend the LDAP connector in Crowd, as implied by https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/LDAP+Object+Structures

Suggest an answer