How to find the issues which are not in closed status as of a date?

Namita T August 27, 2014

I am trying a query to find how many bugs that existed on a certain date were not closed on that specific date.

the query project = proj and issuetype = Bug AND created < "2014/05/08" and status was not closed BEFORE "2014/05/08"

not giving the expected result. actually it's not returning anything.

I ran following on 8th of May, 2014: project = proj and issuetype = Bug AND status != closed

and it returned 100 issues. I expect when we run a query today using the "was not" clause for the same day, I should see the same number of issues. Am I right? or am I making silly mistake?

2 answers

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2014

Perhaps this work:
created < 2014-05-08 and Status not in (Closed) AND updated <= 2014-05-08

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2014

You would need to specify the field to be compared to the BEFORE date. Out of the box I don't think there is one. I routinely capture milestone dates in custom fields in my workflows so this kind of query can be run. You may be able to structure a query that looks at the history but I wouldn't know what fields to point you to.

Suggest an answer