How to find the JRE version in the JIRA installer?

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

How can I find out which version of Java is bundled with the Linux installer for JIRA? And let's assume that I don't have access to a Linux server to test it on. I tried grep, I tried unpacking it manually

2 answers

1 vote
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015

Hi Matt,

Please go through the release document under jre folder. I am also attaching the screenshot along with the path.

File Location

Assuming JIRA Install Directory is under /opt/atlassian/jira
Execute the following command

cd /opt/atlassian/jira/jre

cat release

jira_jre_java_version.png

Please vote if this helps.

Cheers

Chander Inguva

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2015

You had to run the installer to get that jre I think? I'm trying to find the JRE version without running the installer, just from the downloaded package

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2015

I created a suggestion at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43493 to add the JRE version information to the existing README.txt file in the JIRA server tar.gz package

Suggest an answer