How to find the JRE version in the JIRA installer?

How can I find out which version of Java is bundled with the Linux installer for JIRA? And let's assume that I don't have access to a Linux server to test it on. I tried grep, I tried unpacking it manually

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Matt,

Please go through the release document under jre folder. I am also attaching the screenshot along with the path.

File Location

Assuming JIRA Install Directory is under /opt/atlassian/jira
Execute the following command

cd /opt/atlassian/jira/jre

cat release

jira_jre_java_version.png

Please vote if this helps.

Cheers

Chander Inguva

You had to run the installer to get that jre I think? I'm trying to find the JRE version without running the installer, just from the downloaded package

This widget could not be displayed.

I created a suggestion at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43493 to add the JRE version information to the existing README.txt file in the JIRA server tar.gz package

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

83 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you