• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to find out the current Jira cloud version? Edited

Hi there,

I've read that JIRA cloud should always be on the latest version, but if I check under Help -> About JIRA it shows me the following information:

Jira Service Desk Application 3.3.0...

My guess is that this is just the plug-in information and that there simply is no information about the Jira version itself as it is always the latest version which has been deployed by atlassian. 

Is this correct? 

Thanks in advance!

5 answers

Hello,

That is right. there is no version for Jira Cloud

Hello Alexey,

within the IEC 62304 norm, we need to validate every software tool that we are using for development. For this we built test cases for every functionality of Jira that we are using. As Jira is changing automatically and as we can't stick to an older known version, how can we guarantee that the tool is still functioning as the time we ran the test procedures? How can we be sure, that next month, a functionality that we are using is not going to disappear? Is there any information or statement on that?

Thank you for your help!

You can not get that surety on Cloud.  It will be updated as and when Atlassian see fit.  It's in the agreements and all the stuff about how Cloud works.

1 vote

Your thoughts are correct. 

The Cloud package is always "latest", with a slight minor-release lag across the estate as Atlassian roll out newer versions in blocks of systems, rather than everyone at the same time.

The Applications (Service Desk and Software) have retained their internal numbering schemes, but again are taken up to the latest Cloud variant as and when they're ready and Cloud gets updated.

HI @Martin Köhn

Welcome to the community!

As this is on the cloud, there is always latest one.

Thank you all very much for the fast reply! 

1. Please how can i find the liink to download jira software with version 8.0.2 ?

2. and should i install , the jira core or jira software ?

to import the backup of jira cloud ?

Could you please advice ?

If you have Software on Cloud, then install Software.  If you only have Core on Cloud, install Core.

The link for downloads is on the download page for Jira.  Any search will take you there, I'm not going to google it for you.

how can i check if i have only core on cloud ?

in which Gui , i can find the info ?

Check admin -> applications

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you