How to find out mandatory fields for a given transition in the canned script

Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2015

i have written a canned script for auto transitioning the subissues based on parent issue status. However sometimes it fails as i am unable to find the required fields for auto-transition to occur. How can we find list of all mandatory fields in the required transtition. i want all those to display in the configuration page like we have "Fast track transition" which lists out all the parameters to be entered for the transition to take place. User can input the values and then this value to be updated during the transition

is there any api which will do this?if not is there any approach?

1 answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2016

Hi Jayashree,

I would look at the post here by Jamie where he suggested using the code below to see what fields are used on a sscreen.

def issueTypeScreenSchemeManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueTypeScreenSchemeManager()
def issueTypeScreenScheme = issueTypeScreenSchemeManager.getIssueTypeScreenScheme(getIssueContext().getProjectObject())
def fieldScreenScheme = issueTypeScreenScheme.getEffectiveFieldScreenScheme(getIssueContext().getIssueTypeObject())
def fieldScreen = fieldScreenScheme.getFieldScreen(IssueOperations.EDIT_ISSUE_OPERATION)
def tab = fieldScreen.getTab(0)
def fieldIds = tab.getFieldScreenLayoutItems()*.fieldId

I hope this helps.

Kristian

Suggest an answer