How to find out if a Jira group is used for sharing a dashboard?

I need to revise all groups and remove excessive ones. Info if a group is used in permission and notification schemes or filters is provided but there is no info on dashboards.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Try this SQL:

select * from sharepermissions where sharetype ='group';

The PARAM1 column is the group name and the ID column is the shared object ID number. In order to translate the ID number into the human readable name for the dashboard, you can "find dashboards," then click "Search" to display all shared dashboards. When you hover you cursor over the link to the dashboard, look at the URL at the bottom of your browser and you can see the ID# in the URI. I'm sure there is a way to do a join and slurp it out of the DB, but I'd need to poke around more in the DB to find where the dashboard names are stored. I hope that helps.

Thank you, Dave. It helped.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

41 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you