How to find linked issues on more than 1 level

Daria Avdeeva October 18, 2021

Hello,

I need to find all issues with certain link type, but i can't find in one query more than one level of link.

For example there is issue Product-1278, it has 3 issues with link "is child for", but all of these three issues has few issues with the same link type. So i need to include that issues too.

I tried JQL:

issue = PRODUCT-1278 OR issuefunction in hasLinkType("Child") and issue in linkedIssues(PRODUCT-1278) OR issueFunction in hasLinkType("Child") AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuefunction in linkedissuesof("issue in linkedIssues(PRODUCT-1278)", "is child for")", "is child for")

but got 

Error in the JQL Query: Expecting ')' or ',' but got 'issue'. (line 1, character 214)
Is it possible to find all these issues?
upd: i got to the point when error gone. Don't know why but Jira shows me the results of JQL when i change symbol " to ' in a part of query.
So now i use that:
issue = PRODUCT-1278 OR issuefunction in hasLinkType("Child") and issue in linkedIssues(PRODUCT-1278) OR issueFunction in hasLinkType("Child") AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuefunction in linkedissuesof('issue in linkedIssues(PRODUCT-1278)', 'is child for')", "is child for")
but there are only four issues founded. It is the main PRODUCT-1278 and three linked issues with child link type. Looks like part of JQL was ignored.
Снимок экрана 2021-10-19 в 00.26.39.png
upd 2: found a stupid mistake, i need to chage type of link in JQL like that
issue = PRODUCT-1278 OR issuefunction in hasLinkType("Child") and issue in linkedIssues(PRODUCT-1278) OR issueFunction in hasLinkType("Child") AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuefunction in linkedissuesof('issue in linkedIssues(PRODUCT-1278)', 'is parent of')", "is child for")
but the result of search is +1 issue that really has link type "is child for" with one of linked issues "from 1st level". But there are lot of the same issues, not only one.

1 answer

0 votes
Kseniia Trushnikova
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Hi @Daria Avdeeva

You may try some apps from the marketplace. For example, Links Hierarchy https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211022/links-hierarchy-full-dependency-viewer This app adds JQL functions that return linked issues from 1 to 5 depth levels.

Suggest an answer