How to find find total no.of issues created by a specific user ?

kumar Koppisetti June 25, 2015

hi good morning all, can find the issues created by a specific user,  i have admin rights.

Kindly guide me. @Adam Thompson , @Nic Brough [Adaptavist]  

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2015

Assuming you have browse project permission in all projects use JQL

reporter = <User>

Other than assignee and reporter can create the issues right ?

Like Rob Simpson likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2015

I don't understand the second question. Udo's answer to the original is correct and complete.

Other than Reporter and assignee , i.e third person (like admin ) will create the issues right ?

Like Rob Simpson likes this
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2015

Usually the reporter is the one who created an issue (can be anyone with create issue permission). But in some cases (with the according permission) the reporter could be changed to someone else.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2015

Still doesn't make a lot of sense. People can create issues if they have the permission to do so. That's it. When they create an issue, they are recorded as being the creator and reporter. (The reporter can be changed in certain setups to reflect "person is creating issues for other people")

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2015

Alternatively, you could also query your database.

SELECT * FROM jiraissue where reporter = 'username'

Suggest an answer