How to find bulk update user id in the jira logs?

Suresh October 24, 2017

Hi Team,

I have been looking in jira logs ( stdout,log and server logs) to find out the user id that has been done in bulk update.But. no clue.

One user has done bulk update on 2300 records and set the fixversion value to it.

In the each issue of 2300 ,on history tab it is showing his user id, but how we can find/investigate through the logs to confirm.

And also, how to find who added the fixversion value to the project version field.?

Regards,

Suresh

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2017

Hi, you could see who added a version to a project in the audit log (type "gg" and than "Audit Log").

Regarding the update, why do you think the information shown in the history tab is not correct?

Suresh October 24, 2017

Thanks  Henning, i was able to see who added the value through audit logs.

Regarding update,just for more evidence

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2017

You may find more evidence in the access_log files if you search for "bulkedit".

Suresh October 25, 2017

I am unable to find bulkedit on this particular user. we are looking access_logs on date, when the update happen.

Suggest an answer