How to find all linked issues to Epics that have a component?

Viet Dao August 14, 2014

From my understanding, all issues created under an Epic do not inherit the component of the parent Epic.

Let's say I tag certain epics with component "projectA", but all my linked stories are not tagged. Could I use JQL to find all stories within all the epics tagged with component "projectA"?

I'm on OnDemand for JIRA.

4 answers

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

Please try:
issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("component = projectA", "is Epic of")
using Script Runner

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

You cannot do that with a single jql query. THink about creating a script that will do that through iteration (find epics with project A and search for the child of each) or creation of gadget that will do the same job.

0 votes
Viet Dao August 14, 2014

Just to clarify here is an example:

• Epic Issue-100, tagged component "projectA"
  • Story Issue-101, Epic Link Issue-100, no component
  • Story Issue-102, Epic Link Issue-100, no component
  • Epic Issue-103, tagged component "projectA"
  • Story Issue-104, Epic Link Issue-103, no component

I wanted a JQL that would give me if I selected for component "projectA", it would show Issue-101, Issue-102, Issue-104

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2014

Try the following jql:

"Epic Link" is not EMPTY AND component = "projectA"

Viet Dao August 14, 2014

Thanks for replying Alexey. This only gives me the Epic tagged "Project A", but not the issues that are children of that.

I clarified the question a bit more above.

Suggest an answer