How to find all Released issues since previous release was made?

Krys Bromek September 8, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Advanced searching - fields reference

Hi.

I would like to find oaal of issues in the Released state, that have a fix version greater thean previous released version.

There are many versions only some are released in this scenario.

2 answers

1 vote
stratejos [stratejos.ai] September 8, 2016

Hi Krys,

As I understand it the key challenge here appears to be getting the version before the latestReleasedVersion() - lets call it previousReleasedVersion(). This isn't possible to do with JQL.

I'm not 100% clear on the context of your usage. 

In order to recommend a solution, it would be good to know how many people need to run this query? How often?

Something that comes to mind is:

Using something like TamperMonkey to write a browser script that determines the previousReleasedVersion() and runs a JQL search for you automatically. The API call to use would be GET /rest/api/2/project/{projectIdOrKey}/versions. Then, using a tampermonkey script, you just need to insert the JQL text into the query field in JIRA and, still using the tampermonkey script, click the search button in JIRA.

0 votes
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2016

You can create a filter on the project you are working with Release state and also select the version you want.

It will be something like project = YOURPROJECT AND issuetype in (standardIssueTypes(), subTaskIssueTypes()) AND Version ~ 10.2 AND (releasedVersions()

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2016

His Question is something different  from your answer, he wants all issues with version greater than previous released version

Krys Bromek September 8, 2016

Hi Mihai,

Thanks, not sure it would work I have scenario:

released version 6
version 5
version 4
released version 3
version 2
version 1

I want only the issues from versions 4-5 or 4-6 , either would do.

This is to be a repeated operation I don't want to have to use a specific date so the "since" functions would not work. Because or repeated pattern using the 

unreleasedVersions() or
earliestUnreleasedVersion()
latestReleasedVersion()

would not work and I am a bit stuck.

Krys - Her -  ;).

Thanks
Krys

Suggest an answer