How to find Filter Name from Filter ID ?

Andrew Wright April 11, 2013

When I create a filter it is assigned an ID (as well as the name I used when saving it). I then use this ID is creating additional filters:

filter = 12000 and assignee = jsmith

How do I find out which filter a specific ID actually is? The search filter page only "Searches in the filter's name and description." I want to search on ID.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2013

If the filter is shared to you, then you can view the filter & you will get the name of the filter

https://jira.example.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12000

Andrew Wright April 14, 2013

Thanks for this, works fine.

I also realised that I could work around this by adding the filter ID in the filter name and then the search functionality would be able to find it.

Musa R March 11, 2021

I tried this and it didnt work

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

You can search in the database:

select id, filtername from searchrequest where id =<id>;

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2013

or enter the id simply in your edit filter url like

"https://example.com/xxx/secure/EditFilter!default.jspa?filterId=12000"

Like Celeste D'Alessandro likes this
Andrew Wright April 14, 2013

Thanks for the replies. I do not have direct access to the database so the "select" query is not usable. The 'edit' link does work if the filter was created by myself but does not work if the filter is someone elses and shared for me to use.

Jan Krystof June 23, 2014

This if working for me:

HashMap<String, Object> hashMap = new HashMap<String, Object>();
hashMap.put("id", projectOrFilterId);
List<GenericValue> result = ofBizDelegator.findByAnd("SearchRequest", hashMap);

projectName = (String)result.get(0).get("name");

Shenzhong You November 11, 2015

To get the Jira filter name from filter ID xxxxxx using the URL: http://jira.company.com/issues/?filter=xxxxxx

Like # people like this
Sangamitra Singh July 29, 2019

Hi,

How can I find when(date of creation) was a filter created?

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2021

Thank you for the search query. That has helped me enormously - not least of which because it showed someone was giving me an incorrect filter ID!

Suggest an answer