How to filter/search for issues that have not been updated in the last 5 days.

Nancy Pham August 12, 2013

How do I write an advanced search for issues that have not been updated in the last 5 days?

I have updated before and after? should I use that?

5 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

Use this in your query to find issues not updated within the last five days:

updated < -5d

Nancy Pham August 20, 2013

This worked.

Do you know how to query for:

Issues that have been updated in the last 5-10 days.

Issues that have NOT been updated in the last 5-10days?

Thanks

Like artilibere likes this
Filip Pokorny August 21, 2018

General rule for the "not queries" is to save the query as filter, then write a new query and exclude this filter:

updated < -5d and updated > -10d 

save this search as UpdatedBetween5and10d

filter != UpdatedBetween5and10d
Like # people like this
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2018

Great point. Thanks @Filip Pokorny.

Like cameron.conover likes this
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2019

filter ! = ""   gives some weird result.. hmm

4 votes
keyur September 27, 2014

This works but if i would like to search the issue that have not been updated in last 5 days by few users. I'll explain you scenario as under.

Onsite team is updating comment daily in JIRA but my team is not responding to that ticket since 15 days. If i use above query i'll not get that ticket in filter.

So i am looking for query which gives me result of tickets which were not updated by my team since X days.

3 votes
Claus January 16, 2019

Hi, how can I check only Service Desk Issues - whitout an "external" update?

I will only check the comments for customer, not the internal ones...

0 votes
Carlos Medina Rubio August 1, 2018

Hi.

I want to know if exsit any filter to show the stories and task without estimation in time (effort), i want to have a filter to show what are the bad practices that my team has been doing.

Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2018

@Carlos Medina RubioProbably best to create a new question rather than add this onto the end of an old, already-answered question about something different.

In your issue search, use something like this:

issuetype=story and timeestimate is empty

I don't know the name of the fields you use for your time estimates, so you may need to add your own field name there.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver079/advanced-searching-950291047.html (or the link for whatever version you are using) for more information on searching.

Carlos Medina Rubio August 1, 2018

Ok, so many thanks... it was done

0 votes
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2013

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for, but here's what I think you mean. Let me know if I misunderstood.

Issues that have been updated in the last 5-10 days:

If you mean issues that were last updated between 5 days ago and ten days ago, that would be this:

updated >-10d AND updated <-5d

Issues that have NOT been updated in the last 5-10days?

If you mean issues that were not updated between 5 days ago and ten days ago, that would be:

updated <-10d OR updated >-5d

Suggest an answer