How to filter/search for issues that have not been updated in the last 5 days.

How do I write an advanced search for issues that have not been updated in the last 5 days?

I have updated before and after? should I use that?

4 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
4 votes

Use this in your query to find issues not updated within the last five days:

updated < -5d

This worked.

Do you know how to query for:

Issues that have been updated in the last 5-10 days.

Issues that have NOT been updated in the last 5-10days?

Thanks

General rule for the "not queries" is to save the query as filter, then write a new query and exclude this filter:

updated < -5d and updated > -10d 

save this search as UpdatedBetween5and10d

filter != UpdatedBetween5and10d

This works but if i would like to search the issue that have not been updated in last 5 days by few users. I'll explain you scenario as under.

Onsite team is updating comment daily in JIRA but my team is not responding to that ticket since 15 days. If i use above query i'll not get that ticket in filter.

So i am looking for query which gives me result of tickets which were not updated by my team since X days.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for, but here's what I think you mean. Let me know if I misunderstood.

Issues that have been updated in the last 5-10 days:

If you mean issues that were last updated between 5 days ago and ten days ago, that would be this:

updated >-10d AND updated <-5d

Issues that have NOT been updated in the last 5-10days?

If you mean issues that were not updated between 5 days ago and ten days ago, that would be:

updated <-10d OR updated >-5d

Hi.

I want to know if exsit any filter to show the stories and task without estimation in time (effort), i want to have a filter to show what are the bad practices that my team has been doing.

@Carlos Medina RubioProbably best to create a new question rather than add this onto the end of an old, already-answered question about something different.

In your issue search, use something like this:

issuetype=story and timeestimate is empty

I don't know the name of the fields you use for your time estimates, so you may need to add your own field name there.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver079/advanced-searching-950291047.html (or the link for whatever version you are using) for more information on searching.

Ok, so many thanks... it was done

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,802 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you