How to filter issues with Profields fields?

Adriana Lembcke December 11, 2012

I downloaded the profields add-on and in its newest version it says it allows you to perform searchs with filters using the profields custom fields. But whenever I try to filter with those fields Jira won't validate my search.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guillermo _DEISER_ December 11, 2012

Hello Adriana;

In this version 2.1 we've made a first approach to use JQL queries using profields values. We'll probably try a workaroud to improve it. In fact we are evaluating more usable ways. Now, the way to filter is using a special function called Profields within the JQL box:

JQL format:

profieldsOperator("ProfieldName","=","ProfieldValue")

The valid operators are =, !=, <, >, <=, >=, ~, !~, IS and IS NOT

Example:

project in profieldsOperator("State", "=", "Madrid")

If you've already execute this kind of operation, then we would appreciate to submit your feedback and any information related with the problem at our supporting sytem: http://www.madeira20.com

We are now evaluating the way to improve the sintax (a little bit tricky). Stay tuned for the next versions. We are also updating the Guides in order to explain this carefully. In a few days it will be published. Even if you need any additional info we can call you via skype or Gotomeeting and explain these concepts within next days. Any problem or unexpected behaviour, please keep on using Answers or Madeira20.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Suggest an answer