How to filter issues whose fix version is the "next unreleased version?"

Joseph Harvey July 9, 2014

While using JIRA Agile, we occasionally choose to descope an issue from the current version-in-development by assigning it to a future version. Because such issues are things we don't intend to deal with, it would be good if they would cease being displayed on our JIRA agile board until their fix version is current.

I could easily configure the agile board to display only issues whose fix version matches a specific version, but I would need to manually update which version is displayed every time we release; Is there any way I can set the board's filter to be "the next unreleased version, but none of the versions after that" in such a way that it automatically calculates which version is next to be released?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Harvey July 9, 2014

Ah, I worked it out - I need to use 'fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersions()' in the filter.

Jacobo Gallango August 12, 2018

Just in case someone ends up here as I did, correct syntax is

'fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersion()'

I assume others will realize as I did that it refers to next (singular) after trying the suggested filter and failing, but just in case

Stephen Lofgren September 17, 2018

I ended up using fixVersion  in earliestUnreleasedVersionByReleaseDate([project key]) because the syntax above seemed to return releases without release date

Andrew Cranston November 6, 2018

In case anyone else gets this error from this solution: `Unable to find JQL function 'earliestUnreleasedVersions()'.` - there's a typo in the filter function shown above.

It should be 'earliestUnreleasedVersion()', not 'earliestUnreleasedVersions()'.

Jagriti May 15, 2019

How can i write a script to get the list of issues in the next 3 upcoming fix versions , i want this to be dynamic and not hard coded ,it must automatically pick you the next three versions and display them with the associated issues

Thanks

Like # people like this
Jacoline Melis January 22, 2020

Yes, how can you achieve a dynamic quick filter for more than one upcoming fixVersions on a Kanban board?

Like Breno Da Mata likes this
Breno Da Mata October 22, 2020

I have the same question as the two above. Is it possible?

And also, is there a documentation for methods used in the filter, like: `earliestUnreleasedVersion()` ?

Breno Da Mata October 22, 2020

A workaround I found was to use `fixVersion is not EMPTY`

Suggest an answer