How to filter Module custom dropdown based on Component/s selection?

Daniel Attard August 24, 2017

Hello there,

I am currently putting together a JIRA Kanban report for my team to use, and need to set up some reporting for my Leader.

I am a first time user to JIRA and doing something like this, so have been learning new things on the fly, so I need things dumbed down and not technical (if possible please).

Currently I have at least 20 different options in my Components. These being broken down into:

1. Sizing of a Task (only 6 options)

2. Line of Business (Only 3 options)

3. Brand (about 11 options)

I am looking at doing reporting via the Dashboard to show a pie chart for example, of each of the different options above, so we can see how much work we have for each of the task sizes, although, when I am on the issues tab making a filter, I can filter for my team's JIRA board, then get to Components and select the options I need for whichever filter I want to create, but when I export this over to a pie chart in the dashboard, I seem to get all of the options, or sometimes half of the options appearing.

There may also be times, when I need to use components in #2 and #3 to pull a report, which I can't even get this to work properly.

I am hoping for any information to assist with creating the reporting like this.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 answers

Suggest an answer