How to filter Module custom dropdown based on Component/s selection?

Hello there,

I am currently putting together a JIRA Kanban report for my team to use, and need to set up some reporting for my Leader.

I am a first time user to JIRA and doing something like this, so have been learning new things on the fly, so I need things dumbed down and not technical (if possible please).

Currently I have at least 20 different options in my Components. These being broken down into:

1. Sizing of a Task (only 6 options)

2. Line of Business (Only 3 options)

3. Brand (about 11 options)

I am looking at doing reporting via the Dashboard to show a pie chart for example, of each of the different options above, so we can see how much work we have for each of the task sizes, although, when I am on the issues tab making a filter, I can filter for my team's JIRA board, then get to Components and select the options I need for whichever filter I want to create, but when I export this over to a pie chart in the dashboard, I seem to get all of the options, or sometimes half of the options appearing.

There may also be times, when I need to use components in #2 and #3 to pull a report, which I can't even get this to work properly.

I am hoping for any information to assist with creating the reporting like this.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

29 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you