How to fetch list of issues connected to particular custom field in jira

Aravind Koushik Gobburu September 4, 2022

Hi, 

Is there any script available to fetch issues connected to particular custom field in jira. I have tried JQL but it's not working as expected. Can any body give a groovy script to fetch the results. Thanks in advance!

2 answers

2 votes
Harald Seyr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2022

Hi @Aravind Koushik Gobburu 

did you check the reference at Advanced search reference - JQL fields | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support ? This also contains some examples at the end of the "Custom field" section.

Also, the community pages here do contain some information on this topic because this question has been asked before, e.g. at Referencing a Custom Field in JQL (atlassian.com) How to search for issues with custom fields? (atlassian.com) or JQL for filter by custom field value (atlassian.com).

If my answer does not help, please elaborate the "not working as expected" part of your question, e.g. by providing information about your custom field(s), the JQL you used, the expected and the actual result.

Regards,

Harald

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2022

Hi @Aravind Koushik Gobburu  Why you need groovy scripting for fetching issues ?

Easy method JQL option is available for fetching jira issues in which custom field is not empty. 

try JQL :- customfield_name is NOT EMPTY to get the list of issues in which field is not empty. What custom field type are you trying to search ?

Thanks

V.Y

Aravind Koushik Gobburu September 4, 2022

Hi @Vikrant Yadav , I tried that option NOT EMPTY but the issues count in custom field is 18 and when i tried this JQL it is only showing 1 issue in Issue navigator

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2022

@Aravind Koushik Gobburu  Issue count is checking of all JIRA projects. 

In JQL it check only for those project on which you have browser project permission and no issue security applied in project. 

KIndly check the projects in which the fields in mapped, and check if projects is having any issue security or project permissions restrictions.

Suggest an answer