How to fetch all user detail from a project using JQL

saurabh bansal March 25, 2014

Hi

I want to fetch a list of all user which are assigned for a project. what i found is that i can fetch all the issues in a project. Could you provide me a way to fecth all the users associated with a project.

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2014

You can't fetch the users using JQL I think.

What do you mean by all users assigned to project - all users participating in the projects roles ?

Do you need to fetch the users in some code (plugin using Java, script, etc..) ? If so, then you can use either the JAVA API directy or the REST API to retrieve the contents of the project's roles and all the users in those roles

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2014

Nope. JQL is for searching for issues.

"All users associated with a project" is not a useful phrase - you need to define *exactly* what you mean by that - your rules could easily be different from anyone else's guess on what it means.

saurabh bansal March 25, 2014

I am using Rest API to fetch user detail by providing project name in

https://URL/rest/api/2/search?jql=project="*****"

I will try using Boris approach

Aishwarya Rajan April 6, 2018

this gives the issues not users

Suggest an answer