How to feed an external search engine with all Jira issues?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2012

How do I have to configure an external search engine in order to index the entire Jira database?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2012

Depends. Do you want a simple "scrape" of your Jira? (Allow anonymous read-only access, or set up a read-only user and tell the engine to scrape it, after checking robots.txt) Or something a bit more clever? (Like including the Lucene index directly)

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2012

For the moment I just want to scan it in the crowler mode, but still without getting too much noise. I tried to use SearchBlox but I don't like the result as it does scan too many silly GET requests. Btw, in my case it's about Jira 3.x, if this matters. I am looking for some include/exclude patters that would allow you to index it.

Suggest an answer