How to extend the period before the user becomes inactive?

LisaHellinger May 24, 2022

I have users that don't use Jira often.  By the time they get back, their id is inactive.  This user interacts with Jira via an API.  And when their id becomes inactive, the API stopped working.  So, if we can extend the period before the id becomes inactive, this would allow the API to continue to work.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

How are you handling users?  Is the directory Atlassian Access, Google Accounts, or Atlassian accounts (this is the default for new cloud systems, and it's used here as well as in other Atlassian Cloud systems - the account I'm logged into to type this answer out is the same account I use for getting into some Jira/Confluence systems)

The reason I ask is that only one of those supports automatic "account becomes inactive after a while", the other two need a human to directly deactivate the accounts.

LisaHellinger May 26, 2022

For the userid that we use in the API, we go to the user and roles area in the admin section.  There we added in the userid.

But, I think we now understand and accept  that the period is 60 days.

So, this ticket can now be closed.

Many thanks for your time.

Suggest an answer