How to extend the duration for a user to be set as an "inactive user"

Sebastien January 3, 2018

Hello,

we are working on a large project with many teams and lots of tools. On our internal JIRA/Confluence accounts, users are set as inactive users within less than one week sometimes...

Is it possible the change the duration for a user to be set as inactive in the case of inactivity on the platform?

Thank you for your answers in advance, will help a lot

Best regards,

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

HI Sebastian,

There was a Suggestion/Feature Request to make JIRA automatically mark users inactive after a set period of time but it was closed as will not do.  I also took a look at the Automation rules and did not see anything that would make a user inactive.

Are you using ScriptRunner by any chance?  There is an article that provides a script to automatically deactivae a user after a certain period of time that you can find at Automatically deactivate inactive JIRA users.  If you are using a script such as this then you may need to modify the timing.

Another posssiblity is an add-on such as User Deactivator for Jira. This will find inactive users and automatically deactivate them as well.

Finally, if you are using Windows do you have a script that finds inactive users and marks them that way?

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,

Branden

Sebastien January 3, 2018

Thank you very much for your quick feedback and support. In fact, I am not a tech user, just a business user, so I do not understand how scripts work and it might be hard to change something like that in my client's account.

Understood that there are no simple solutions...

On the plugin page you shared, it seems that we can setup the period of inactivity before deactivating an account, so let me check if it is possible for us to use it.

In fact, I was deactivated myself even as an admin during the holidays period so will take some time to recover

Best,

Suggest an answer