How to extend Filter & Dashboard default actions menu?

Deleted user February 16, 2014

On the managing pages for filters and for dashboards, there is the tools icon at the right side of each filter / dashboard entry.

In case of filters, one is offered to "Edit", "Delete", "Columns" and in case of dashboard the button offers to "Edit", "Delete" and "Copy". I want to extend that menus with an own entry.

I searched for a web-section defining these menus, but it seems there isn't one..

Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to extend that menus, and if so with what technical construct (web-item etc..)?

Tanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user February 19, 2014

I researched all existing webitems and also talked to collegues about this and it turns out it would be possible to override the underlying action managing the little dropdown-functions menu. An article of how to override actions can be found here:
http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2010/10/extending-jira-actions.html
However, this does not seem the way we want to go, since it will be an enormous effort to maintain usabillity over several jira version updates.
A research of all existing webitems with

for i in $(find . -name "*.xml"); do   grep "<web-item" ${i}; done  | grep shared

for i in $(find . -name "*.xml"); do   grep "<web-item" ${i}; done  | grep filter

did reveal there is no webitem for adding something like we want.

It turned out the best way would be to rethink what we want to do and find another section - just as usual a config page for the plugin.

Hope this can help a little if someone really has to do so some time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events