How to export report Tempo with scripted custom field

CST JIRA Confluence Admin August 1, 2016

Hi,

Is it possible to interact with Tempo and scripted field? For instance, based on chosen time, user on Tempo report, scripted field will calculated the cost dynamically.

1 answer

0 votes
Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

It is possible to interact with Tempo via a scripted field. Take a look at our documentation on working with Tempo

The currently published guide is written for Tempo 7, but the next release of ScriptRunner should include documentation for working with Tempo 8 on the same page.

It can be difficult to engineer certain things, since Tempo doesn't have a published JavaDoc, and their REST and servlet APIs are somewhat limited. Still, if there's something specific you're interested in doing, look around on Answers and in the aforementioned ScriptRunner documentation, as there may be an example there.

CST JIRA Confluence Admin August 2, 2016

Hi Jonny,

Thank you for your answer. In my case, I want to export tempo report along with cost per worklog id. Currently, I can return the cost but per issue. As you know 1 issue can have more than 1 worklog and more than 1 worklog author.

Example.PNG

Resource Cost is customField_11913 below.

image2016-8-3 10:19:41.png

Is it possible to update this custom field based on each worklog id before export to excel ?

Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

If you're using JIRA's export-to-excel feature from an issue filter, no. The value of the field, at that point, is what it is. You could maybe change the output of the field to be a comma-separated list of values, instead of a sum. It sounds like the example script doesn't actually return what you want, and you need to modify it to do so.

Suggest an answer