How to export estimates from the Scrum planning view to Excel

Artem Livshits December 13, 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to do some work planning in JIRA using the Sprint planning mode.  I entered a bunch of user stories and filled in the estimates.

Now I want to export the data that I entered to Excel and it never exports the estimates.  All fields are exported, but both Original Estimate and Remaining Estimates columns contain no data.  I look at the board, the estimates are there.  I look at the Excel sheet, the estimates are empty.  Is there is anything special that needs to be done to export this data?

-Artem

4 answers

0 votes
James_byrd August 31, 2020

You could try searching for a column named "Σ Original Estimate" in the filter screen's Columns drop-down field picker. I was able to get that to export to the csv when just choosing Original Estimate would not work at all. 

0 votes
Pawel Pabich June 30, 2015

I have the same problem. Both Original and Remaining are empty. It feels like Estimate field is simply not on the list of fields display.

0 votes
Artem Livshits December 15, 2014

Hi Danilo,

Thank you for your suggestion!  I tried to do that and the estimates are empty in the Issue Navigator too.  The estimates are only visible in the Scrum Board.

-Artem

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2014

Hi Artem,

Would it be possible for you to use the same filter you use on the Scrum Board in the Issue Navigator, include the Original and Remaining Estimates columns in the results and export the results to Excel?

Cheers,

Danilo

Suggest an answer